Thursday 24 March 2016

The Quiet Re-readathon TBR.


Re-reading is something I used to do a lot when I was younger. Now I talk a lot about how I want to do it more but having such a ridiculous amount of unread books hanging around (making me feel guilty for spending so much money on books) tends to turn me away from re-visiting books I've already read.

This is a common problem (especially among book bloggers!) and Beth from The Quiet People has a solution! She's decided to launch The Quiet Re-readathon. The Quiet Re-readathon runs from the 25th - the 28th March, right over Easter weekend so it's nice and easy to remember, and the idea is simply to spend those four days re-reading books you've already read, which sounds like a great idea to me!

The hashtag is #quietrereadathon if you want to get involved too!

Now, I know myself and how much I normally read so while I would like to say I'll be reading a book a day, I'm going to be realistic and keep my TBR super small.

Campari for Breakfast by Sara Crowe

I literally just discovered, while searching for a picture of the cover of Campari for Breakfast, that a sequel called Martini Henry is being released later this year and now I'm super excited! I loved Campari for Breakfast when I first read it for Read Women Month in 2014. (btw, in case you're wondering, yes I will be doing Read Women Month again this year and I'm very excited about it!) I gave it 5 stars, loved every moment of it, and have been wanting to re-read it ever since, so I don't know why it's taken me nearly two years but I will definitely be fixing that this weekend.

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

I'm not really expecting that I'll get to Fangirl this weekend but I can certainly try! If I do manage to finish Campari for Breakfast in time then Fangirl will be the next book on my list. Fangirl was one of my favourite books of 2013 (which feels like a horrifyingly long time ago tbh) and, as I said in my initial review of it that year, it's another one that I've been wanting to re-read basically since the second I finished reading it the first time. I don't know why I don't just re-read these books but here we are, Beth's finally got my butt into gear to do it this weekend!

I'll probably be posting updates throughout the weekend, certainly on my Instagram and Twitter if not here, and probably a wrap-up post here on Tuesday. So you have that to look forward to, you lucky lot!

Let me know if you're taking part in The Quiet Re-readathon too. I'd love to know what books make the grade for you to re-read!

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment