Saturday 19 December 2015

Hot toddy.


Today I'm sharing my secret weapon for when I have a cold. I don't think this is strictly speaking a traditional hot toddy, because it's basically just a souped up version of hot honey and lemon, but I call it a hot toddy and it's what I use anytime I get the dreaded sore throat.


It's super simple to make. All you need is some honey, some lemon juice, some sugar, some whiskey, and a kettle. Of course you can leave out the whiskey if you don't drink and I really only use the sugar because I hate the taste of honey. So you can see how this is basically just a hot honey and lemon with a couple of ingredients added, but trust me it works!

All you need to do is put 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of sugar, and a small dash of whiskey into a mug, then fill the mug up with boiling water and mix it all together until everything has dissolved. Then, you want to drink the hot toddy very slowly, letting the mixture run down your throat slowly, so that it coats the inside of your throat as it goes down.

I usually drink one of these right before I go to bed when I have a sore throat because while the honey and lemon help to soothe your throat and fight the bacteria in there, the whiskey will help to numb the pain a little and help you fall asleep. Trust me, I've googled it, this is actual science!

Follow


No comments:

Post a Comment